Fortune Education, Authorized Representative of 100+ Medical Colleges in Bangladesh & Abroad. For Admission/Seat Confirmation & others processing Contact Bangladesh Medical College: +8801995529533
Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) Is The First Private Medical College In Bangladesh. It Was Established In 1986 By A Group Of Dedicated People Called The Founder Members Who Were Imbued With The Ideals Of Providing Quality Medical Education, Research And Services To People Of This Country At Reasonable Cost. Bangladesh Medical College And The Hospital Are Run By Bangladesh Medical Studies And Research Institute (BMSRI) Which Is A Non Political And Non Profitable Organization. The Members Of The Institute Are Not Entitled To Any Remuneration Or Dividends. Geneva Declaration (12 October 1949)
Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if you want to get admitted into Bangladesh Army Medical College (AMC).
1. If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
2. You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalence) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
3. Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
a. O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 7 (seven)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
4. You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into BMC.
a. Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
i. School/College graduation certificates
ii. Mark/grade sheet
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographs applicant
b. Download ‘MBBS admission form’ from the websiteof Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
c. Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt. (For more info. visit www.dghs.gov.org)
d. Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
e. Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport and a letter of intention to Bangladesh Medical College office (Email or post) for advance booking of your seat.
5. Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, AMC office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
6. Admission fee structure for the last year(2015) was as follows(change might occur this year).
Foreign students, willing to get admitted in BMC, are hereby asked to get their mark sheets of 12 year schooling ( O & A level or equivalent) matched (Equivalence) with that of Bangladeshi counterpart. Director General Health Services (DGHS) office at Mohakhali, Dhaka would issue “Equivalence Certificate” for the students. Students have to submit a BDT 2000 bank draft in favor of DGHS and original certificates and mark sheets to DGHS office in order to get it. Along with the Equivalence Certificate they would also get an ID number, which would be required for online application for admission in medical colleges of Bangladesh also applied for Bangladesh Medical College.