MBBS Admission Procedure
MBBS Admission Procedure in Bangladesh
The admission procedure for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) in Bangladesh varies depending on the university. However, here are the general steps involved:
- Eligibility Criteria: Students must have completed their higher secondary education or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate.
- Entrance Exam: Most universities conduct an entrance exam, such as the Medical Admission Test (MAT), which is a multiple-choice question exam covering physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Application Process: Students can apply online or offline through the university website or the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) website. They need to fill in their personal and academic details and upload the required documents.
- Selection Process: The selection process is based on the performance in the entrance exam and the candidate’s academic record. Some universities also conduct interviews.
- Admission: Selected candidates need to pay the admission fee and complete the formalities such as document verification and medical fitness certificate.
- Visa Process: International students need to obtain a student visa from the Bangladesh embassy or consulate in their country.
It is important to note that the admission procedure may differ slightly for different universities, and candidates should check the respective university’s website for detailed information.
Direct Spot MBBS/BDS Admission in Bangladesh 2021-22
Join @ Top Reputed MCI & BMDC Recognized Medical College With Special Waiver By Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh
MBBS Admission Processing for foreign students
Fortune Education offers one stop processing of documentation for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
Fortune Education is an educational consultancy agency in Bangladesh that claims to offer a range of services for students interested in pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh. According to their website, they offer services such as document processing, admission support, visa assistance, and accommodation arrangements.
It is important to note that while such consultancies can be helpful in navigating the admission process, it is always recommended that students verify the authenticity and reliability of such agencies before engaging their services. It is also important to research the admission process and requirements thoroughly and make an informed decision.
Eligibility for foreign students:
Foreign student to admit in the MBBS course, they must be passed the SSC/SLC/O-level/GCSE or equivalent examination with minimum 5 subjects and average mark minimum GPA-3.00. Also, pass in HSC/A-level/12- grade or equivalent examination with Biology, Chemistry & Physics average mark minimum GPA 3.00 but Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/SL-level/GCSE and HSC/A- 12 grade or equivalent examination: 7.00 (seven) and Biology must be pass with GPA 3.50
All foreign students must be applying to the Director General of Health Service of Government of Bangladesh for equivalence certificate through the Bangladesh Embassy. All certificates/mark sheets/others certificate and passport photocopy are attested by the respected country’s Education Board or Ministry of Education and authenticate by respective country Foreign Minister.
The government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if you want to get admitted into Private & Government Medical Colleges.
1. If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
2. You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
3. Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
a. O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 7 (seven)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
4. You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into BMC.
a. Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
i. School/College graduation certificates
ii. Mark/grade sheet
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographs of applicant
b. Download ‘MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
c. Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt. (For more info. visit www.dghs.gov.org)
d. Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalence and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an Authorized Official Representatives.
Fortune Education provides free counseling to prospective students who would be interested in considering Medical education opportunities in Bangladesh, We take great pride in our experienced counselor who not only support students with their entire application process but also helps in guiding to arrive to a decision about their choice of education, scholarships while studying abroad, College-university selection, wide variety of graduate & undergraduate programs available, admission,study permit, visa application & pre-departure services (accommodation, flight tickets etc.). Our trained staff will make their recommendation passed on student’s interests and choice. Fortune Education organization provides the best quality service to get admission in MBBS for foreign students who can get the best service.
Our Special Services:
- Counseling & Guidance
- Application for Eligibility & Equivalence
- Documentation & Visa guidance
- Airport pickup, College dropping & Accommodation.
- Visa Extension & Local Support
Here are some details about the top five private medical colleges you’ve mentioned:
Diabetic Association Medical College
Affiliation: University of Dhaka
Special Features: Established under the patronage of the Bangladesh Diabetic Association, this college has a particular emphasis on diabetes-related research and education. The college is linked with a hospital that provides practical exposure to students.
Army Medical College Jashore (Jashore Army Medical College)
Location: Jashore (Jessore)
Affiliation: Bangladesh University of Professionals
Special Features: Being under the auspices of the Bangladesh Army, it provides a disciplined environment for medical education. Students have access to well-equipped facilities and an attached hospital.
Sylhet Women’s Medical College
Affiliation: Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
Special Features: Dedicated to promoting women in the medical profession, this institution provides a conducive environment for female medical students. The college is attached to a hospital, ensuring students receive hands-on clinical training.
Army Medical College Bogura
(Bogura Army Medical College)
Location: Bogura (Bogra)
Affiliation: Bangladesh University of Professionals
Special Features: Like other army-affiliated colleges, this institution is known for its discipline and state-of-the-art facilities. Students benefit from practical training in the affiliated hospital.
Islami Bank Medical College
Affiliation: Rajshahi University
Special Features: Sponsored by the Islami Bank Foundation, this medical college aims to provide quality medical education with an emphasis on ethical practices. The college is connected to a hospital where students get their clinical exposure.
MBBS in Bangladesh:
For students seeking MBBS education in Bangladesh, especially in private colleges, it’s essential to:
Ensure the chosen college is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
If you’re an international student, verify the college’s recognition status in your home country.
Check the curriculum, faculty qualifications, and facilities provided.
Consider the total cost, including tuition fees, accommodation, and other related expenses.
Admission to these colleges is based on entrance examinations and academic credentials. It’s recommended to visit the official websites of these colleges or contact their admission offices for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding admissions, courses, and other details.